ComputerNetBoarder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I forgot my password

Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers"

4 posters

Go down

Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers" Empty Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers"

Post by Alex Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:56 am

For more accurate Internet Speed Ratings, you guys might want to check out: http://www.speedtest.net/. This site will measure your download, upload and ping speed.

Heres what I got!
Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers" 507365461

Yes, my speed has resulted as terrible, but you know, I don't download excessively so to me, it doesn't matter to much. It's a shame it still costs $60.00 a month as well, I think on the site it rated me as having one of the worst connections on the Coast! I would like a faster speed but that just costs me more! Oh well.. Sad

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex
Alex
Admin

Operating System : Mac
Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers" Empty Re: Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers"

Post by George Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:08 am

heres mine

Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers" 507455824
George
George
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers" Empty Re: Follow up from the topic "Internet Providers"

Post by Alex Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 am

Beats Mine Very Happy
Alex
Alex
Admin

Operating System : Mac
Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by D.K. Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Well at the moment my internet is soo slow that it wont even load the site! But its probably because my dads using the internet at the moment as well.
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes but it shouldnt slow down if two users are on. Only if there are downloads running.
Sam
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by D.K. Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah thats the wierd thing. My dad only knows how to turn on the laptop and go on the internet. He has no idea how to install things and download stuff. But whenever he turn his laptop on and goes on the internet, my internet slows down to about 4kbps. While his is at a good 64kbps. Its quite annoying actually.
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 am

What background programs is he running? There could be virus protection or anything really. Do a check for spyware or adware, malware can affect computers speeds drastically...
Sam
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by D.K. Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:26 pm

I occasionally get malware detected on my usb. I'm pretty sure my computer has trojan at the moment as well.
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 am

i am with tpg its so fast and you can currently get 180gb of download. highly recommend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down