ComputerNetBoarder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I forgot my password

How to Block others from viewing your Saved Passwords on Firefox

2 posters

Go down

How to Block others from viewing your Saved Passwords on Firefox Empty How to Block others from viewing your Saved Passwords on Firefox

Post by D.K. Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:58 pm

In my previous tutorial I showed how to view Saved Passwords on Mozilla Firefox but you dont want other people to start using the same trick on you do you? So here is is a way to protect your passwords.

1. Go to the Tools tab
2. Click on Options
3. Click on Security and tick the box that says Use a master password

Now when you try to Show the passwords you have saved, it should ask you to enter the master password.

If you ever forget your master password type in the following into the URL bar and click Reset.
chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

How to Block others from viewing your Saved Passwords on Firefox Empty Re: How to Block others from viewing your Saved Passwords on Firefox

Post by Sam Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 am

Yep i have been using this one for a while now, there is also an addon available from the Mozilla Firefox addons page whereby upon enabling it, it appears before the Mozilla Firefox is opened asking for your master password, and if incorrectly entered or canceled, it does not start the browser.
Sam
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down