ComputerNetBoarder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I forgot my password

Break Passwords concealed by Asterisks

2 posters

Go down

Break Passwords concealed by Asterisks Empty Break Passwords concealed by Asterisks

Post by D.K. Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Have you ever wanted to know what was behind the ***** in passwords??? i.e. If you want to know a password that somebody typed but left it. Then this post might be useful to you.

1. How to break passwords in Mozilla Firefox.
Copy and paste the following into the URL bar whenever you are on a site with a login form and it will display the password behind ****** right away.

javascript: var p=r(); function r(){var g=0;var x=false;var x=z(document.forms);g=g+1;var w=window.frames;for(var k=0;k<w.length;k++) {var x = ((x) || (z(w[k].document.forms)));g=g+1;}if (!x) alert('Password not found in ' + g + ' forms');}function z(f){var b=false;for(var i=0;i<f.length;i++) {var e=f[i].elements;for(var j=0;j<e.length;j++) {if (h(e[j])) {b=true}}}return b;}function h(ej){var s='';if (ej.type=='password'){s=ej.value;if (s!=''){prompt('Password found ', s)}else{alert('Password is blank')}return true;}}

2. How to break passwords in Internet Explorer
Download Asterisk Key and run it. When you are on a site with a login form click Show Internet Explorer Passwords
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Break Passwords concealed by Asterisks Empty Re: Break Passwords concealed by Asterisks

Post by Sam Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:59 am

There are some add-ons available on Firefox which also disables the asterisk feature if you do not need to hide your passwords. It probably uses similar coding.
Sam
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down