ComputerNetBoarder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I forgot my password

How to use less ram (for Windows users)

2 posters

Go down

How to use less ram (for Windows users) Empty How to use less ram (for Windows users)

Post by D.K. Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 am

This might help you increase your computer speed.

1. Start any application i.e. Internet, Microsoft Word etc.
2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
3. Click the processes tab and sort the list in descending order by clicking Memory Usage.
4. You should notice that the application you are using should be around at the top somewhere. Using a couple of MBs of memory.
5. Now switch back to the application and minimize it. (The one with the line on it in the top right hand corner)
6. Now go back to Windows Task Manager and see where you application is listed.
7. Most likely it will not be at the top. But rather, near the bottom of the list.
8. Now check out the ram it is using.

Surprised??? Minimizing each application that you are currently not working on by clicking the Minimize button (Not just switching windows via the bottom taskbar) you can reduce how much Ram you are using substantially. Depending on the number of applications you use together and how much Ram you have, the difference can be as much as 50% of extra Ram.
D.K.
D.K.
Know-It-All

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

How to use less ram (for Windows users) Empty Re: How to use less ram (for Windows users)

Post by Sam Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Interesting, Yes if you download Spybot Search and Destroy it will have features that can block any unwanted Startup applications if you have programs that open on startup like your virus protection etc that you do not want to it can block it. You can download Spybot from Here

This is a free program that is rated one of THE best for Spyware and Adware detection and removal.
Sam
Computer Savy

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down